Becoming a Preceptor
Preceptors are needed for both undergraduate and graduate students completing clinical experiences.
- Preceptors agree to mentor a student on a semester basis.
- Our curriculum runs year-round, with preceptors needed for the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters.
- The Fall and Spring semesters run for 16 weeks, and the Summer semester runs for 12 weeks.
- The College of Nursing provides a detailed package of information for those who agree to precept including practicum objectives, information regarding the role of mentor, and evaluation forms.
- Course/track faculty coordinators maintain close and continuous connections with preceptors to ensure a positive experience for both preceptor and student.